2 tbs olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
1 lg onion, quartered and thinly sliced
1 small eggplant, cubed
2 green bell peppers, coarsley chopped
4 lg tomatoes, coarsley chopped, or 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
3-4 sm zucchini, cut into 1/4 in. slices
1 med yellow squash, cubed
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried ground oregano
1/4 tsp dried thyme
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions and cook, stirring often, until softened (6-7 mins).
- Add eggplant, stir until coated with oil.
- Add peppers, stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini, squash and herbs, mix well. Cover and cook over low heat about 15 minutes, or until eggplant is tender but not mushy.
Serves 4. Cook Time: 35 minutes approximately