½ lb pasta (penne or shells)
½ small to medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, grated
Sea salt, two palmfuls
1 can cream of mushroom soup (10.5 oz) + ½ can milk
1 can peas (15 oz.)
2 cans tuna (5 oz.)
50 drops hot sauce (about 2 tsp.)
¼ tsp nutmeg (two shakes)
½ – 1 c. shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 315 degrees.
- Bring a pot of water to boil for the pasta. Add sea salt after it has started to boil and the pasta. Cook to al dente.
- While the pasta is boiling, put enough a turn of the pan of EVOO into a skillet. Add the onions and garlic. Sauté on low until the onions are transparent.
- Add the soup and the milk. Stir until it thickens (about 3-5 minutes). Add the hot sauce and the nutmeg.
- Once it has thickened a bit, add the tuna and the peas. Let it simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, return to pot. Add the sauce, stir to coat. Put it in a casserole dish (5X5 to 7X7).
- Top with cheese, bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.