6 stalks asparagus, chopped
1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
2 handfuls sweet grape tomatoes, cut in half
6-7 button mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bag spinach
butter (I used garlic butter, but it will work just as well without it)
1 package sweet italian sausage, chopped
3/4 lb pasta
2 tbsp dill
1 tbsp rosemary
1/2 tbsp basil
1/2 tbsp parsley
1/2 tbsp thyme
Cheese – I used italian style white cheese
- Prepare all the veggies to be cooked, put in a big bowl and cover with spices. Put water on to boil for the pasta.
- Chop the italian sausage and cook over medium heat until done. Put on a plate with a paper towel to drain. While doing this, once the water starts boiling, add a palmful of sea salt and some olive oil and then the pasta. Cook until done.
- After the sausage and while the pasta is cooking, saute all the chopped veggies in garlic butter until al dente (just barely still crunchy). Don’t forget the salt tax. Drain the pasta at the same time (when it’s al dente)
- Cook the spinach until just wilted in a little butter and a little olive oil. When wilted (about 3-5 minutes), add the rest of the veggies into the pan to rewarm them.
- Add in the cheese – as much as you like – and the italian sausage. Warm through until the cheese is melted.
- Mix with drained pasta, and serve with warm garlic bread!