1/4 c. Captain Morgan spiced rum
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2-1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2-1 tsp oregano (same as thyme)
3 medium (approximately 5-6 oz. each before cooking) pork chops – either boneless or bone-in
Large freezer bag
1/4 c. brown sugar
- Add the rum to the bag. Ensure that when the bag is laying flat, that the rum encompasses the bottom of it (so that the pork has something to lay in, like a bath).
- Mix all the spices in a small bowl to ensure they are combined well. Use more or less depending on flavor preference. Final approval is based on smell.
- Add the spices to the bag. Seal and shake to mix the spices into the rum.
- Add the pork chops to the bag. Seal and lay flat on a plate. Marinate for up to 12 hours, but at least one.
- When ready to prepare, heat a high-sided skillet on medium-high heat. Add porkchops. If they don’t sizzle immediately, it’s not hot enough. Add the juice to the pan as well.
- Sprinkle half the brown sugar on the top of the chops and let simmer on medium heat until brown sugar is melted and liquid is mostly evaporated.
- Flip the pork chops and sprinkle the other half of the brown sugar on top of them. Let cook on medium heat approximately 4-6 minutes and flip once more. Cook until no longer pink inside.