From allrecipes.com. I used dark corn syrup, and they still came out good, just a little extra gooey.
3 cups whole pecan halves
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup granulated sugar – divided use
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Place pecans in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Bake for 5 minutes.
- In a 2-quart saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in corn syrup, 1/4 cup of the sugar and cinnamon. Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat. Boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Pour hot syrup over pecans, stirring constantly to coat evenly.
- Return to oven and bake, stirring several times, for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup sugar; toss to coat evenly. Immediately spread out onto foil-lined cookie sheets, separating pecans as they cool.
- Store in tightly closed container.
Makes 3 cups.