3/4 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg white
1/2 cup Splenda granulated sweetner
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp margarine or butter
1 cup fresh blueberries (1/2 pint)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp Splenda granulated sweetner
2 tbsp margarine or butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick baking spray.
- For the cake batter, in a medium bowl whisk together the sour cream, applesauce, sugar, egg, egg white, and sweetner.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Using your fingertips, a pastry blender, or two knives, cut margarine into flour mixture until crumbly. Create a well in the center and pour in the sour cream mixture. Add blueberries and mix gently with a large spoon or spatula until blended. Spoon the batter into prepared baking pan.
- For the topping, in a small bowl, combine all the ingredients with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.